Winners Announced for 2018 First Responders Grant ProgramLast Edited:
Several South Jersey police and fire departments have received some much-needed funding.
On Thursday, December 6th, South Jersey Gas announced the winners of their 2018 First Responders Grant Program.
This year, eight grants totaling more than $20,000 were awarded to police, fire and EMS departments throughout the South Jersey area so they can purchase life-saving equipment.
• Absecon City Fire Co. No. 1 – to buy carbon monoxide detectors and rapid rescue exposure suits.
• Atlantic City Fire Dept. – to buy gas monitoring meters.
• Cape May Point Volunteer Fire Dept. No. 1 – to buy gas monitoring meters and a calibration kit.
• Cumberland Volunteer Fire Co. – to buy SCBA masks and firefighting hoods.
• Daretown Fire Co. – to buy fire service pagers and carbon fiber air tanks.
• Glassboro Fire Dept. – to buy combustible gas detectors and gas monitoring meters.
• Hamilton Twp. Police Dept. – to buy K-9 equipment, veterinary care, and training.
• Winslow Twp. Fire Dept. – to buy combustible gas detectors and gas monitoring meters.
Through the First Responders Grant Program, South Jersey Gas provides critical support to help operations, improve safety measures and provide training for local first responder departments.
To learn more visit southjerseygas.com/community.
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).