Passport Fair at Pleasantville Post Office June 16Last Edited: Jun 13, 2018 1:11 PM
Planning a summer get away, overseas? The Post Office in Pleasantville has an event to help you with passports.
From 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 16, the post office — at 752 Black Horse Pike, Pleasantville — will be open for walk ins or online appointments. These online appointments can be made in four easy steps at the following site: https://tools.usps.com/go/pages/schedule-appointment/index.jsp
Travelers and adventure seekers need to bring the following to receive their passports.
• A Completely copy of the Application for U.S. Passport form, found in the Department of States website http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html. This form should not be signed.
• Proof of US Citizenship (Such as Birth Certificate, past US passports, and certification of citizenship)
• Proof of Identity (IDs, such as driver’s license, expired passport, and military ID)
• Photocopies of US Citizenship and identification documents. These copies are kept and without which can delay the process of receiving the passport.
• Payment, which prices can range from where one is traveling to and from. In the Department of States Website, a calculator to help figure out how much and what you need can be found, as well as the forms of payment that can be used. Application Fees and Execution or Acceptance Fees are paid separately. Credit and debate cards cannot be used for these purchases.
• If the post office does not provide photo services, an appropriate passport photo is required.
Children under 16 have different requirements, such as parental consent and showing parental relations. For more information visit the link: http://travel.state.gov go to US passports.
Remember, you can schedule your appointment online or walk in to receive your passport. You can not only start your travel plans, but be an active supporter of your post office. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating and relies on the sale of postage, products, and services to fund its operations.
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email email@example.com, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).