Gloucester Township Garage Fire Leaves Family Displaced

Last Edited:
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. -

A family in Gloucester Township was left without a home after a fire broke out over the weekend.

On Saturday, May 5th, at around 5 a.m. the Gloucester Township Police Department responded to the 700 block of Upton Way for a report of a fire coming from a garage attached to a home.

When officers arrived, the garage and basement of the home were fully engulfed in flames.

Fire crews from various fire departments throughout the area were able to quickly get the fire under control.

Two firefighters sustained minor injuries during the incident. The American Red Cross is currently assisting the displaced family.

Officials are reminding all residents to check the batteries in smoke detectors and make sure they are working properly to help keep you and your family safe.

Tatem Elementary School Students Win NJSACC's 'Celebrate Afterschool Poster Contest' 


SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.

Do you have community news or events? Email news@snjtoday.com, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).