Appel Farm to Host First South Jersey Arts FestLast Edited:
The first South Jersey ARTS FEST will be held at Appel Farm Saturday & Sunday, June 2 & 3, 2018.
The new immersive arts festival will be experiential, hands-on, diverse and is designed to attract new and returning visitors of all ages to Appel Farm for a day of community, music, wine & food, and art-making in the South Jersey region.
The event will also raise funds to support arts education in the area. Taking the best parts of Appel Farm’s previous music festivals and Earth Day festivals, this event will create an experience ideal for all!
“We are thrilled to present a new kind of festival in our region this year,” said Cori Solomon, Appel Farm’s Executive Director. “This event is for anyone who wants to experience transformative arts & culture in the beautiful setting of South Jersey – while supporting affordable arts education for young people in our region.”
Appel Farm invites thousands of people to attend with the theme: “Ignite Your Imagination!” The family-friendly event will include mainstage music performances; student-based theatre, choral & dance troupe performances; hands-on STEAM workshops for all ages; crafters & artists; and gourmet food trucks, craft brew & vintage wine.
“Appel Farm is already known for its amazing outdoor festivals. The South Jersey ARTS FEST takes a familiar experience to a whole new level,” said Marcy Bliss, Board President & festival visionary.
“This year’s festival will be more interactive, immersive, and multi-generational than ever before. Not only are we taking a big step to support and align with our mission & vision to be leaders in arts education, we are kicking off something new in our own South Jersey region.”
South Jersey ARTS FEST Highlights include:
- Regionally acclaimed musicians and performances on the main stage by foot stomping Brother Joscephus and the Love Revolution, Balkan brass band West Philadelphia Orchestra, singer-songwriter Joe Crookston, SJ’s country duo Williams Honor, bluegrass & folk rockers The Yokels, Alborada Spanish Dance Theatre, and more!
- Visual and performing arts tents as well as a STEAM oriented tent where patrons can participate in immersive, hands-on experiences.
- Regional crafters, food vendors, beer & wine.
- Drop the kids off at the “Arts Camp Pop Up” where kids can experience the magic of Appel Farm’s summer camp with STEAM activities, bounce house and outdoor fun, while under the caring supervision of camp counselors.
- “Art of Wine Making” tasting experience and craft brews for adults to enjoy.
- Overnight Experience where families can pitch a tent under the stars, enjoy a campfire, s’mores and private performance by singer-songwriter Joe Crookston.
- South Jersey Cycling Tour for novice & experienced bicyclists on Sunday morning.
“South Jersey ARTS FEST is a taste of what happens at Appel Farm all year long,” says Heather Yelle, Director of External Relations. “Adults will be able to enjoy their favorite performers, good food and wine – and a transformative arts experience with young people of all ages.”
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email email@example.com, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).