Udder Milk Consumers Warned After N.J. Woman Falls IllLast Edited:
Federal health officials are warning raw milk consumers to take preventative action after potentially tainted products were sold in four states, including right here in New Jersey.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is advising anyone who consumed raw milk products sold by Udder Milk to seek medical attention after a New Jersey woman became infected after drinking the brand of milk.
The CDC says people who drank raw milk from the company may have been infected with a rare, but serious germ called Brucella abortus RB51.
The germ is known to cause severe illnesses and can even cause serious pregnancy complications.
Because Udder Milk has not provided information about the farms that supply their milk, the CDC is recommending everyone who consumed milk from the company — in the past 6 months — to receive antibiotics immediately to avoid having long-term health effects from the bacteria.
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).