Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce Honors Community LeadersLast Edited:
ALMONESSON, N.J.—Members of the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce (GCCC) recognized a few leading citizens of the community for all the hard work they do to make the area a better place to live.
On Thursday, June 15th, the GCCC held their 13th Annual Community Service Awards to honor the accomplishments of six local business and community members that have gone above and beyond to make a difference not only in Gloucester County, but all across South Jersey.
"Every year we continue to recognize these people," said President and CEO of Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce, Les Vail. "I'm always amazed when you look at what they do [and] how they just do it without question."
The awards presented were in six different categories including Non-Profit Organization of the Year, Small Business Person of the Year, and Citizen of the Year.
The honorees were given their awards and a short video was played about each of them to showcase what they have done to improve their community.
"[T]he wonderful thing about it," said Vail, "is that they don't do it for anything other than it's the right thing to do [as well as being] a good thing to do."
The winners are:
- Small Business Person of the Year: Mike Regina - Big Sky Enterprises, LLC
- Business Person of the Year: Rob Curley - TD Bank
- Citizen of the Year: Bonnie Brooker - BBE Promotions
- Chamber Member of the Year: Megan Varrell - SpeedPro Imaging South Jersey
- Robert M. Bess Memorial Youth Scholarship: David Kryszczak - Deptford Technology Services Deptford Township High School
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year: The Arc Gloucester
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).