Website CoordinatorLast Edited:
Position: Website Coordinator
Primary Role: The Website Coordinator will have various responsibilities, but will primarily manage the SNJ Today website including, but not limited to, website building and troubleshooting, website page and URL creation, rewriting and posting content, among others.
This position should also have experience handling social media as the ideal candidate will backup and assist the Web Producer. Key Accountabilities:
1. Responsible website building, troubleshooting, creating new pages and URLs, and making any required changes to the website.
2. Working and maintaining the mobile site/app.
3. Managing Double Click for Publishing (monitoring, targeting, overarching review).
4. Curation of local newspaper content into a database.
5. Social Media backup for the Web Producer-must be able to write for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and know how to use those platforms, as well as Snapchat and Pinterest.
6. Upload videos and audio files for shows and write SEO-friendly descriptions
Education: Associate Degree: Journalism, Communication, or Digital Media preferred
Experience: One year of experience or a degree in the field of Journalism, Digital Media or Communication. College, internship, or on-the-job experience.
Skills/Knowledge: * Must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks while staying focused on goals
* The ideal candidate will have an understanding that this role and the responsibilities that go along with it may require work outside of the typical 9 to 5 hours and occasional weekend work (from home).
* Frankly or WorldNow experience a plus.
*Graphic design or Photoshop (or equivalent) experience a plus.
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated creativity and innovation
* Conflict resolution skills
* Project Management
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and samples to firstname.lastname@example.org