Web ProducerLast Edited:
Position: Web Producer
Primary Role: The Web Producer is responsible for day-to-day online news content on SNJToday.com. In addition to assisting with news gathering, writing, creating graphics, video and content editing, and proofreading site content, the web producer will also work heavily on SNJ Today's social media sites - and work with the News, Marketing, and Sales departments on web projects. The ideal candidate is creative and has a passion for news.
1. Must be able to work comfortably across teams and respond to requests from multiple managers and departments.
2. Manage social media accounts for breaking news, story promotion, and audience engagement including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
3. Familiarity with Hootsuite
4. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories and promote/push out news stories each week night.
5. Publish video segments from newscasts. Ability to write strong news headlines, social media teasers, and content necessary.
6 Work with reporters and producers to ensure all video pieces are accompanied with web copy and latest updates.
7. Rewriting Press Releases and features, columns, etc. and posting stories to website, optimizing for SEO.
8. Proofreading copy.
*The ability to complete tasks on deadline -- a sense of urgency is very important in this role.
*Communications, English, or Journalism degree and 1+ years of social media experience.
*Be able to work non-traditional hours, M-F (12pm to 8pm).
Education: Associate Degree: Journalism, Communication, English or Digital Media preferred
Experience: One year of experience or a degree in the field of Journalism, Digital Media or Communication. College, internship, or on-the-job experience.
* Must be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks while staying focused on goals
* The ideal candidate will have an understanding that this role and the responsibilities that go along with it may require work outside of the typical 9 to 5 hours and occasional weekend work (from home).
* Frankly or WorldNow experience a plus.
*Graphic design or Photoshop (or equivalent) experience a plus.
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated creativity and innovation
* Conflict resolution skills
* Project Management
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and samples to email@example.com