South Jersey Gas Announces Winners of First Responders Grant ProgramLast Edited:
FOLSOM, N.J. - On Wednesday, South Jersey Gas announced the winners of its inaugural First Responders Grant Program.
The 20 $1,000 grants awarded are designed to provide critical support for operations conducted by first responders. All paid or volunteer fire, emergency medical services, and police departments serving at least one of the municipalities in the South Jersey Gas service area were eligible to apply. In total, they received more than 80 applications.
“These grants will help provide training and lifesaving equipment to ensure local first responders have the tools necessary to serve,” said Jeffrey DuBois, president of South Jersey Gas. “We value their bravery and commitment to residents in southern New Jersey.”
Chosen at random, the winners are:
- Daretown Fire Company
- East Greenwich Township Fire and Rescue
- Gibbstown Volunteer Fire Company
- Green Creek Volunteer Fire Company
- Hammonton Fire Department
- Laurel Lake Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company
- Logan Volunteer Fire Company
- Mauricetown Volunteer Fire Company
- Millville Rescue Squad
- Oceanville Volunteer Fire Company Number 1
- Pedricktown First Aid and Rescue
- Scullville Volunteer Fire Company
- Vincent Fire Company Number 1
- Washington Township Fire Department
- West Cape May Volunteer Fire Company
- West Wildwood Police Department
- (City of) Wildwood Police Department
- Winslow Township Police Department
- Woodland Volunteer Fire and Emergency Medical Services
SNJ Today is a Southern New Jersey news and information source based in Millville, New Jersey that is dedicated to providing current stories related specifically to South Jersey.
Do you have community news or events? Email email@example.com, text SNJNews to 313131, or call 856.825.NEWS (6397).